Does the music you play through your PC sound high-pitched or tinny? Boosting the bass can help add some much-needed depth to your favorite tracks. The steps to regulate the bass vary counting on your audio device. Some audio cards add a special “Enhancements” tab to the Windows sound instrument panel , which make bass-boosting incredibly easy. If you do not have this tab, your PC may have accompany its own audio software. And if neither of those options work for you, you’ll use a free bass-boosting app like FxSound.
Make sure your sound card driver is up so far
- A driver may be a piece of program or software that lets the OS and device communicate with one another .
- It’s a group of instructions that your computer’s OS uses to send and receive data between the application/program and therefore the hardware device.
- A corrupted or outdated driver can cause the device to malfunction or not work on all. That’s why it’s one among the primary things that folks check when a tool isn’t working properly.
- In most cases, Windows automatically installs the compatible driver version for your hardware so it works out of the box. However, if you’re experiencing any issues with the device itself, uninstalling, reinstalling, and updating the drivers might be the solution .
- Also, some PC manufacturers provide dedicated drivers for his or her devices via their website. this enables additional functionalities and better performance over the generic Windows drivers. this is often often the case in graphics cards and sound cards (and even peripherals like mice and keyboards too).
Know the proper audio driver for your PC
- Having the proper audio driver installed in your PC could spell the difference between having great-sounding audio and not having any sound begin of it in the least . It allows your PC to supply the optimal sound output because the manufacturer intended.
- Here’s how you’ll check which audio driver is installed in your PC:
- Right-click on the Windows Start button and choose Device Manager.
Left-Click on Sound, Video, and Game controllers
- It will list all audio-related devices that you simply connect and use together with your computer. during this example, the pc uses Realtek High Definition Audio as its audio driver. Double-click thereon for more details.
Install audio drivers for Windows 10
Although a few of hardware manufacturers still roll in the hay today, gone were the times when each bit of computer device or peripheral came with a CD or DVD containing its drivers. But it’s not too bad, really, because you’ll download the drivers for your computer’s audio chip with relative ease through the subsequent methods.
FROM the driving force MANUFACTURER’S WEBSITE
This is the simplest option if you would like to form sure you’re getting the most compatible and latest audio driver for your Windows 10 computer.Download the newest audio drivers from the manufacturer’s website using these steps:
- Use the steps mentioned above for checking the sort of audio driver your computer uses.
- Once determined, visit the manufacturer’s official website. during this example, the laptop uses Realtek High Definition Audio drivers so we’ll visit Realtek’s website.
- Search for the compatible version for your computer and click on download.
- Once downloaded, open the file and follow the corresponding instructions for installing the drivers.
- Restart your computer once done.
FROM THE PC MANUFACTURER’S WEBSITE
Most computer manufacturers like Dell, HP, Lenovo, et al. directly provide the compatible drivers for his or her products. Customers can simply visit the location and enter the actual model of their computer to download its drivers.
Here are the steps for downloading the audio drivers from the PC Manufacturer’s website.
- Visit the official website of the manufacturer of your computer.
- Look for the Downloads page or enter “Drivers” within the Search box (if available).
- Search for the corresponding audio drivers by doing an enquiry for your particular computer model.
- Click the audio driver link to download it. confirm to pick the acceptable version (32-bit or 64-bit)
FROM A THIRD-PARTY SITE
If you had no luck finding audio drivers via the choices above, you’ll try trying to find it via 3rd-party driver download websites.
These are dedicated websites that list down all types of computer driver components. Most of them are liberal to use though some might require you to sign-up or install their driver update utility. Here are a number of the foremost popular ones.
DriverGuide remains one among the longest-running websites offering free driver downloads. With on the brink of 2 million driver and firmware files, they provide users an honest chance of getting hard-to-find audio drivers.
Download.com houses an in depth selection of Windows 10 drivers along side all kinds of apps and programs for Mac, Android, and iOS. It’s one among the foremost popular websites for downloading free and legit software. The search function for trying to find a selected driver version might be better though.
DriverPack Solution is easy to navigate and you’ll search via brand, device, or keyword. You don’t need to sign-up to use the service and that they offer a good sort of drivers exclusively for Windows.
Update sound driver using Device Manager
Assuming you were ready to download and install the right audio drivers using the methods above, subsequent step is to update it.
There are two ways to do this. the primary is via Windows Device Manager.
- Right-click on the Windows Start button and choose Device Manager. On the new window, click on Sound, Video, and Game controllers.
Double-click on the audio driver. during this example, the pc uses Realtek HD Audio.
Click on the “Driver” tab then select “Update Driver”.
- On subsequent page, you’ll be asked if you would like Windows to automatically search for the updated driver software or roll in the hay manually. Select the manual option if you were ready to download the drivers using the methods above. Otherwise, select the automated option.
Update sound driver using Windows Update
Windows 10 does an honest job of keeping your device drivers updated via the regular Windows Updates.
- Click on the start button on the lower-left corner of the desktop then click “Settings”.
- On subsequent page, select Update & Security.
- Click “Check for Updates”.
- Follow the succeeding prompts for updating Windows. If there are any issues together with your machine’s audio drivers, Windows will update it automatically along side the remainder of the system.
Adjust sound enhancement settings
Windows 10 features a built-in bass boost feature that you simply can access through the Sound Settings.
Here are the steps:
- Right-click on the Sound Volume icon on the lower-right corner of the taskbar. Select “Open Sound Settings”
- On the new window which will open, click on “Sound Control Panel” under Related Settings.
- Under the Playback tab, select your speakers or headphones then hit “Properties”.
- On the new window, click on the “Enhancements” tab.
- The bass boost feature should be the primary one on the list. Click on the checkbox beside it then hit “Settings” below.
- On the pop-up window, you’ll choose the frequency that you simply want to regulate along side the boost level (the higher the more bass).
- Click “OK” then hit Apply or OK on the Headphones Properties window to save lots of your settings.
Use bass-boosting software for Windows 10
If you continue to find the bass output a bit lacking even after doing the steps above, you’ll try using the subsequent 3rd-party bass-boost software.
This open-source project boasts many of the features you’ll find in other paid audio enhancement apps. apart from increasing bass output, it offers a vast number of filters and plenty of equalizer settings.
Combine it with Peace GUI (an add-on that provides Equalizer APO an easy-to-use interface along side audio mixing tools) and you’ve got a strong equalizer app for Windows that reinforces your computer’s bass and more — for free of charge .
- Unlimited number of filters
- Highly-customizable bass-boost options
- Works on any number of channels
- Very low latency, low CPU usage
- Modular graphical interface
- VST plugin support
If you would like a more straightforward approach for enhancing bass in Windows, look no further than FX Sound. It features an easy interface for adjusting various elements like Ambience, 3D Surround, Clarity, Dynamic Boost, and in fact , bass.Aside from that, they even have different presets for movies, music, and gaming. And an ‘Effects’ feature to spice up your bass even further.
The increments by which you’ll adjust the EQ might be wider though, as there are only 9 frequency bands which will be adjusted. Still, it’s a solid choice overall if you would like an easy yet powerful bass-booster for your Windows computer.
- 7.1 Surround Sound
- Optimization for low-quality sources (including online streams)
- Simple and straightforward to navigate interface
- Ambiance adjustments
- Dynamic Boost
- Easily create and save your own presets
- Presets for movies, music, and games
- Allows mixing of clarity and bass boost to avoid getting muddy sounds
Bass Treble Booster
Bass Treble Booster allows you to adjust the bass across the frequency response range of 30 to 19K Hz. It also comes equipped with the quality equalizer profiles with multiple entries for bass boost. It also acts as an audio file converter, letting users convert various audio formats like MP3, AAC, Flac, to their desired file types.
- 15 Frequency settings
- Wide range of editable frequencies (starts at 30Hz up to 19KHz)
- Ability to convert audio files (MP3, FLAC, WAV, OGG, WMA, APE, AAC, WV, AIFF)
- Drag and drop support
- Ability to save lots of custom EQ settings
Boom 3D features an impressive 31-band equalizer that allows you to get as accurate as you would like together with your frequency adjustments. you’ll boost the quantity , activate 3D surround, mimic certain ambiance, adjust pitch and fidelity, and even comes with its own Internet Radio feature that allows you to access over 20,000 radio stations across the online .
- 3D Surround Sound
- Equalizer Presets
- Advanced Audio Player
- Internet Radio Stations
Its Digital power plant (DPS) technology promises to feature depth, clarity, better bass presence, and enhanced stereo field imaging. The GUI is easy to navigate and use. Bongiovi DPS also offers a really large selection of pre-built audio profiles.KEY FEATURES:
- Deep Bass Frequency range
- V3D Virtual Surround Sounds
- Wide array of audio profiles available
- Bass & Treble Spectrum Visualization