Popular messaging app Viber for iPhone now permits you to regulate notification sounds for brand spanking new message alerts. You’ll change Viber’s default alert sound for all chats and even choose different notification sounds for every of your existing chats.
The ability to settle on your own notification sounds on a per-chat basis makes it easy to differentiate between notifications for brand spanking new messages from, say, your co-worker and girlfriend without even watching your phone
Here’s how you’ll change Viber’s default notification sound with a few taps.
Before we get to it, please update your copy of Viber for iOS to version 6.8.8 or later via App Store because adjusting alert sounds doesn’t work on older Viber editions. At the time of this writing, this feature was unsupported in Viber Desktop for Mac.
How to change Viber’s default notification sound
Viber allows you to override its default notification sound. to exchange Viber’s default notification sound with the audible alerts listed in Settings → Sounds, do the following:
1) Launch Viber on your iOS device and tap the More tab at the app’s bottom.
2) Navigate to Settings → Notifications → Notifications Sounds.
3) Choose one among the available Alert Tones or Classic notification sounds.
All notifications for incoming messages will now use the chosen sound.
How to change notification sound for individual chats
To adjust notification sounds for specific chats, do the following:
1) Launch Viber on your iOS device and tap a chat within the conversation list
2) Tap the recipient’s name at the highest and choose Chat Info & Settings from the menu.
3) Tap the Notification Sounds option on subsequent screen, then select a replacement sound from the lis.