On This Page, You can easily know about How To Contact Equifax.
Equifax, one of the three major credit reporting agencies, provides contact information on all of its free annual credit reports. However, it’s also easy to contact Equifax without requesting a report. Equifax responds to questions, comments, and requests online, over the phone, and even via physical mail, so there’s always how to urge in-tuned once you got to.
Getting a Credit Report
Visit annualcreditreport.com to urge your free yearly report online. Did you recognize that you simply are guaranteed one free credit report each year? Under the Federal FACT (Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions) Act, every U.S. consumer is entitled to at least one free credit report per annum from each of the “big three” credit reporting agencies (including Equifax). To request your free report, click here to go to annualcreditreport.com, then:
- Click the “Request your free credit reports” button.
- Click the “Request your credit reports” button on subsequent page.
- Fill out the shape with the requested information, pressing “Next” at the top of every page to proceed.
- Follow the prompts to request your reports. Note that, with this method, you’ll get a report from Equifax, Experian, TransUnion, or all three agencies.
Customer Support for private Accounts
Use the FAQ to answer common questions. Many of the foremost common customer service requests at Equifax can actually be answered via the official FAQ (frequently-asked questions) page. For private customers, this is often available here. At this page, you’ll find answers to several important questions, like:
- “How does credit reporting work?”
- “How do I correct or dispute inaccuracies on my credit file?”
- “How do i buy a free copy of my credit file?”
Customer Support for Business Accounts
Visit the business FAQ page for answers to commonly-asked questions. Before taking the time to contact Equifax, you’ll want to see whether your question is already addressed online. The Equifax Business Customer Support FAQ (frequently-asked questions) page has links to several common customer service issues, including:
- How do I update my company information via fax? (Use 770-740-5223)
- How do I cancel my account? (Use this form)
- How do I confirm my account balance? (Call 800-685-5000)
Contact Equifax Business Support via phone
Again, differing types of requests require you to call different numbers. See below for more information:
- To inquire about becoming an Equifax business customer, dial 1-888-202-4025.
- If you’re already a business customer, contact Equifax business customer support at 1-800-685-5000.
- If you would like support for Market Reveal or TPA Lite, you’ll also dial 1-800-865-5000.
- To contact support for Interconnect, eID Verifier, eID Compare and Decision Power, dial 1-877-420-7345.
- Finally, to urge information about Equifax Mortgage services, call 1-866-746-3780.
- If you’ve got a really short credit history or one with periodic “holes” (for instance, if you have been self-employed for an extended time), you’ll get to supply additional documents (like copies of your SS card, certificate, passport, etc.)
- Do not be afraid to call or email the incorrect department — the Equifax staff you get in-tuned with should be ready to transfer or refer you to the right contact.
- To cop out of Equifax mailing lists, call 1-888-567-8688.