Create a blog is simple. You can maintain blog with low investment.
Here is step by step guide for how to create blog.
Choosing right domain name is very important part. First go to any hosting sites like Godaddy, namecheap and bluehost etc.
And create new domain with .com extension. You can also create with other extensions like .net or org etc but .com is better.
Best Websites to Buy Domain
How to Choose Domain Name
- Domain name must be easy to read
- Keep it short
- use keywords in domain
- Target your area with domain extensions like .in, .us and .au etc.
- Avoid special characters.
- Easy to remember
After creating a domain, you should buy hosting account to host your blog or website files.
There are many hosting plans available. So choose right hosting plan that’s suites your blog.
If you are a beginner and take shared hosting plan. It’s very cheap. You can later move your site to VPS or Dedicated server if your site gets lots of traffic.
Check whether hosting account contains control panel (such as cPanel or Plesk) or not. You can easily create and maintain blog with control panel.
Best Hosting Companies
- A2 Hosting
- InMotion Hosting
After creating hosting account, check whether your domain pointing to your website or not.
Install any CMS (Content Management System)
What is CMS?
CMS stands for Content Management System. CMS is software that helps user to create content. With the help of CMS, You can create a blog without any programming knowledge.
There are many CMSs are available in the web. Select right CMS for your blog.
Best Content Management Systems
WordPress is the best CMS for any blog. You can create any type of blog with WordPress.
So install WordPress in your hosting account. You need to enter some details (Site name, your email, username and password etc) when the time of installation.
If the installation completed, you can login to your blog. Then install some important plugins and theme.
This step is very important. Choose right content. You must have good knowledge on content that you write.
Content Writing Tips
- Create Short URL
- Write your targeted keyword in heading
- Create short paragraphs
- Add images and videos
- Add lists and tables if need
- Add internal links and external links
- Create long content (above 1000 words is better)
- Write SEO title and description
- Add LSI keywords in content
Add Google analytics code
You must add google analytics code to your site. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks website traffic and events.
Analytics helps you get a more complete understanding of how your customers engage with your business so you can deliver better experiences and drive results.
Google Analytics Features
- Real-Time Reporting
- Acquisition Reports
- Engagement Reports
- Monetization Reports
- User Exploration
- User Lifetime
- Data Import
- Google BigQuery Export
- Integrations of other Google products
submit site to Google Search Console
Submit your site to google search console. You can know which pages are ranking, which keywords your pages ranking and other data.
Search Console tools and reports help you measure your blog or website Search traffic and performance, fix issues, and make your blog or site shine in Google Search results.
Google Search Console Features
- Google search console helps you to confirm that Google can find and crawl your site.
- Fix indexing problems and request re-indexing of new or updated content on your blog.
- View Google Search traffic data for your blog or site: how often your site appears in Google Search, which search queries (keywords) show your site, how often searchers click through for those queries, and more.
- Receive alerts when Google encounters indexing, spam, or other issues on your blog or site.
- Show you which sites link to your website and internal links.
- Troubleshoot issues for AMP, mobile usability, page speed and other Search features.
Apply for Google Adsense
If you successfully complete above steps, then submit your site to Google Adsense. If you get approved by Adsense, your earnings starts.