Here you can get information about How to Prepare a Child for a Reflexology Session. Reflexology may be a practice which will help kids feel better both mentally and physically. While it shouldn’t be wont to treat or diagnose for any specific medical disorder, reflexology isn’t physically harmful and may promote relaxation and reduce tension.
Explain reflexology carefully to the kid and permit them to ask as many questions as they need. Make it clear that they’re on top of things of how the session goes and make the experience as comfortable as possible.
Tips for a relaxed reflexology session with your baby
- Use a mild pressure as you’d while massaging your baby.
- If a toddler is sick, reflex points are going to be quite sensitive
- If your baby pulls its foot faraway from you as you’re working may be a good indication that it’s not enjoyable, which you ought to stop and check out another approach later.
- Work not than 5-10 minutes for the whole treatment, counting on what your baby will comfortably tolerate.
Finding time for reflexology
Babies get wiggly, and it is often hard to seek out a time when baby is happy to be still to possess his feet played with.
For young babies, you’ll try performing on your baby:
- As a part of your massage routine
- While asleep
- While feeding
- While rocking
- during a carry pouch
With older babies, you’ll also:
- Play this tiny piggy visited market or round and around the garden while pressing the relevant parts of the foot. A couple of presses here and there, and you’ve got a reflexology workout that’s a natural extension of a fun game
- During bath time
How often do you have to use reflexology?
For a selected chronic problem like reflux or eczema, once every week for 3 to four weeks is that the best thanks to start out. Results can then be maintained with bimonthly or monthly treatments.
Reflexology also can be wont to maintain good general health, the routine outlined on page 17 are often used as an extension as your daily massage.
How to do reflexology
The basic formula of a reflexology treatment is straightforward.
- Relax and convey blood flow to the foot with a fast warm up
- Find the relevant reflex area
- Apply a technique- Experiment with different techniques and find what works for you and your baby. This is often likely to vary as your baby gets older.
- Continue technique application until symptoms stop or recede to a suitable level. For more chronic conditions, you’ll apply reflexology techniques consistently 3 times each day, symptoms or no symptoms. The goal is to interrupt up the strain pattern. Over the course of several weeks, you ought to see improvement in any more lasting symptoms.
These are techniques employed by reflexologists mostly when working with adults. While these techniques also are valuable tools for working with babies and young children, as a parent working together with your baby it’s fine to create your own techniques. The foremost important thing is to stimulate the acceptable reflex area, and to alternate stimulating techniques with more relaxing ones.
To improve the accessibility to specific reflex points, you’ll use one hand to softly hold the toes back.
Use stroking and milking massage strokes on the feet at the start and therefore the end of the session also as in between the stimulating reflexology techniques. This helps to require the intensity out of the session.
You can also structure your own relaxation foot massage, the more natural it feels to you, the more relaxing it’ll feel to your baby.
This technique helps to consistently hit the reflex points whenever, and is employed by reflexologists to hide larger reflex points. This is often the simplest thanks to massage the intestinal reflex area.
You can practice the thumb walking technique as outlined below and or watch the educational video that follows.
- Step 1: Grasp your thumb at the thigh. Bend and unbend the primary joint.
- Step 2: Rest your hands on your leg. Now bend your thumb at the primary joint. Unbend it. Proceed to bend and unbend your thumb, taking small progress with each bend and walking down your leg.
- Step 3: Now rest your fingertips on the surface of the arm. The thumb rests of the under side of the arm. Holding your fingers in situ, bend and unbend your thumb on your arm. As you unbend your thumb, take a little breakthrough. Practice “walking your thumb” during a forward direction.
- Your fingers stay in situ until your hand is stretched uncomfortably. Reposition the fingers and keep them in situ because the thumb again “walks” forward.
- Step 4: Maintaining the position of your fingers, lower your wrist slightly. Does one notice your thumb is now exerting more pressure? Now drop your wrist lower. Does one feel even more pressure?
- The amount of pressure you apply is controlled by lowering or raising the wrist. Leverage is thus created by an interplay of fingertips, wrist and thumb tip.
- Step 5: As you practice the thumb walking technique on your arm, attempt to exert a continuing, steady pressure. This is often most easily achieved by effective use of leverage, as described above.
Reflexology as a maintenance tool for your baby’s health
Used in this manner, reflexology can help your baby’s body to heal itself by detoxifying, relaxing and balancing it. This routine are often used on a day to day and may help to detect and even treat imbalances before your baby experiences any symptoms.
The reflex area for celiac plexus is that of the foot’s favorite point for relaxation.
- Step 1
- Gently press your thumb there while holding round the foot with the remainder of your hand.
- Make small circular movements until you are feeling a subtle “let go” from your baby, almost like an exhalation.
- Do both feet simultaneously.
- Step 2
- Start by the arrow on the proper foot and press a touch a bit together with your thumb. Stay a flash and check out to feel the world. Are there any small irregularities slightly below the skin?
- Massage the world gently, and move up slowly, feeling each and each bit of the world until you reach the top of the pink color on the left foot. It is often repeated several times if your baby doesn’t protest; this may stimulate the colon and therefore the bowel movements.
- Step 3
- The kidneys belong to the eliminating system of the body; they filter the blood.
- Massaging the kidney points are often an excellent stress-reliever.
- Start at the highest on the proper foot where the kidney area is found and massage gently for a short time, then move down along the ureter and find yourself at the side of the foot where the bladder is situated. It’s not visible on the image, but the bladder area begins exactly where the green color ends.
- Massage lightly, one foot at a time.
- Step 4
- You would possibly hear a touch cough once you start massaging the lung area.
- Start from rock bottom of the world and work your high.
- Massage one foot at a time.
- Step 5
- End your massage with the sinuses. These areas should be caressed. Put all of your love into the massage and softly continue each toe.
- If your child features a cold, this might help release mucus and clear the top.
If you are feeling like continuing, then massage other parts of the foot. This is often the time when the 2 of you’re sharing a deeply relaxing and loving experience. It doesn’t matter such a lot if you are doing it right; what matters is that you simply both enjoy it.