On This Page, You can easily know about How To Report Link Card Fraud.
Link card fraud can be stopped through the actions of concerned citizens like you! The Link card program may be a benefit system that helps Illinois citizens in need, but it can sometimes be taken advantage of. If you witness fraud, you’ll submit a report online. Alternatively, you’ll address things by reporting it by phone. Your initiative can help save taxpayer money and protect the advantages program.
Client fraud is an “intentional” action which ends up during a client or another person receiving public assistance benefits which they’re not entitled to from programs including, but not limited to, Care4Kids Child Care, Supplemental Nutritional Assistance (SNAP-formerly referred to as the tender program), Connecticut Energy Assistance (LEAP) and Medicaid. Conduct that constitutes potential client fraud allegations include, but isn’t limited to:
- Client is suspected of not reporting employment wages or a recurring income not resulting from employment
- Client is suspected of not reporting their address information correctly
- Client is suspected of not reporting the presence of another parent within the home
- Client is suspected of receiving benefits for a toddler that doesn’t accept them
- Client is suspected of SNAP trafficking (formerly referred to as the tender program)
- Client is suspected of applying for and receiving public assistance in additional than one (1) state at an equivalent time
Reporting Fraud Online
Access the fraud report form on the Illinois HFS website. The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) has made it easy for people to report medicaid and welfare fraud within the state. A fraud report form is often filled out and submitted electronically, leaving you the choice of staying anonymous. Find the shape on the department’s website at https://www.illinois.gov/hfs/oig/Pages/ReportFraud.aspx.
Reporting Fraud by Phone
Contact the Illinois HFS fraud hotline on weekdays between 8:30-4:45 pm. The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) features a dedicated phone numbers for reporting Link card fraud. Dial 1-844-453-7283 on weekdays during business hours to talk to a representative. Provide all the small print you’ll about the fraud you witnessed, and answer as many questions as you’ll.
Call the Illinois Link Help Line if you cannot reach the fraud hotline
The Illinois Link Help Line may be a general inquiry baseline that’s offered in English, Arabic, Chinese, Polish, Spanish, or Urdu. Follow the guided menu to pick your language options and identify yourself together with your Link card number. Choose the menu option for chatting with a live representative.
- You’ll reach the assistance line by dialing 1-800-678-LINK (5465).
- This line is merely hospitable individuals who have a Link card.
Call the USDA Office of military officer to file a report
The US Department of Agriculture fields reports about SNAP card from across the country, including Illinois. Call the department to supply clear details about what you’ve witness and answer any questions asked of you. Dial one among three numbers listed on the USDA website:
- (800) 424-9121
- (202) 690-1622
- (202) 690-1202 (TDD)