How to Start a Children’s Entertainment Service for $2000 or Less

On This Page, You can easily know about How to Start a Children’s Entertainment Service for $2000 or Less.

Children’s Entertainers can earn more than $150 an hour. Face painters, balloon artists, magicians, toy bear makers, storytellers, musicians, game directors, sing-along leaders and arts-and-crafts leaders are all in demand to entertain children. Even in a down economy, work is available in all of these fields. The best will and do continue to enjoy opportunities to work and will prevail during these trying times. No matter how bad the economy is, parents continue to spend money on their children. You will need to have self-reliance, freedom, control over your job, recognition, and status.

Create a business plan

children service

Research the children’s market in your business area. Check the demographics for your area. You need to have an area where there are many families with children that can and are willing to pay for your services, which doesn’t mean the wealthiest, just child-centered.

Check on the laws governing a business in your area

You probably need a business license from the city, county or the state. If you have a home-based business, you may need a home business occupation permit. You will need liability and may have other insurance needs. Some training schools may provide liability insurance.

Put together costumes needed for your chosen entertainment field

Purchase the supplies you will need for your work. For example, a balloon artist will need balloons and a balloon pump. Don’t let anyone talk you into buying expensive supplies, costumes or other merchandise you do not need for your business. Purchase low cost costumes or have a seamstress make them for you. Start simple and keep your profits high.

Children’s Entertainers have many options as places to work

They are hired for banquets, trade shows, fairs, theme parks, schools, carnivals, company parties, health fairs, restaurants, cruise ships, birthday parties, hospitals, libraries, community organizations, baptism parties, store grand openings, housing developments, Sweet 16 parties, school holiday parties, resorts, and senior facilities. To protect yourself, you should have a signed contract for each job you do. Beware of working for another entertainer or an agent. It is a gray area and can cause you problems with the IRS. This is because of recent changes in subcontracting laws and the emphasis on improper classification enforcement at this time.

Advertise your services

Use your portfolio information to establish a website. Many people use the Internet to find the services they want. Be sure to create a local listing on the search engines. A good website will help you by attracting the search engines such as Google and cause your site to be viewed often. There are also sites on the Internet that will advertise your site for a low monthly fee.

How to Start a Children’s Entertainment Service for $2000 or Less

Leave a Reply

Scroll to top