On This Page, You can easily know about How To Use An iPhone To Deposit Checks.
Depositing checks with your iPhone allows you to add money to your bank account when you are not able to get to a bank or when the banks aren’t open. Making the deposits requires that your bank accept mobile deposits which you’ve got a mobile banking application, or app, installed on your iPhone. Each bank uses its own app and, as of September 2011, only nine banks accepted iPhone mobile banking. If your bank isn’t one among the nine, you’ll also use the iPhone PayPal app to deposit checks.
Am I able to Deposit Checks With My iPhone?
In the past, only select banks allowed customers to deposit checks from their iPhone, but mobile banking is now increasingly common. In fact, the Federal Reserve System reported that about half of adults within the US with bank accounts used a mobile to access their bank information.
To deposit checks together with your iPhone, get an application for your bank. Call your bank’s customer baseline, or visit its website to seek out details about the appliance . If you’ve been using your bank’s application for a short time, you’ll get to upgrade to a more modern version to deposit checks.
Via the iPhone App
Go to the iPhone app store and download and install the mobile deposit app for your bank onto your phone.
- For instance, if you bank with Chase, you’d download and install the Chase Mobile App from the iPhone app store.
- If you’re unsure of the name of the app, attend your bank’s website and choose mobile banking. Your bank should provide a link to the acceptable app.
- If your bank doesn’t provide a link to the app, type the name of your bank within the search field at the iPhone app store to mention an inventory of apps thereupon name. The mobile banking app should appear thereon the list.
- If your bank doesn’t provide a link and an inquiry doesn’t return the acceptable result, contact your bank’s customer service for information on the way to use an iPhone to deposit checks.
Link your checking account to your PayPal account.
- Log in to PayPal, click on the “Profile” link at the highest of the screen and choose “Add or Edit checking account.”
- Click “Add Bank” and enter your account number and bank routing number. Click continue.
- PayPal will make two small deposits to your bank within 5 business days and send you a verification link via email. When the deposits arrive, click the link and enter the amounts to verify the account.
Download and install the PayPal app onto your iPhone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure the app to access your PayPal account.
- Sign the rear of your check and take a transparent photo of the front and back of the check. The appliance will upload the photos.
- Wait approximately 6 business days for the check to post to your PayPal account.
- Some banks may charge a fee for mobile deposits.
- Void the paper check, but don’t destroy it or throw it away. File it during a safe place just in case you would like to ask it later.
- It can take 3 or more business days for the cash to transfer from PayPal to your bank account.