Here you can know about How to Use Candles for Meditation. Meditation is used to help clear your mind and increase your ability to focus. A method to do this is often by lighting a candle and focusing on the flame. Many of us find it much easier to clear their mind when focusing on an object.
Candles also can help to make a soothing environment to assist in meditation. To use candles for meditation, you’ll get to choose a candle, create a soothing environment, and position the candle for meditation. Then, light the candle and start to clear your mind and focus on the flame.
What Is Candle Meditation
Candle meditation may be a simple meditation technique during which you focus your sight and your attention on the flame of a candle for a particular length of your time.
The flame of a candle has some mystery in it, and it attracts the attention. It flickers, changes it shape, produces a halo, and displays several colors. All this fascinates the mind, attracts the attention, and puts the mind during a relaxed mood. In this situation, it’s easier to focus the mind and therefore the attention, disregard the chatter of the mind, and knowledge inner peace.
Choosing a Candle
- Select a non-toxic candle. Many candles are made up of toxic chemicals, like paraffin. These release harmful vapors while the candle is lit and will not be used for candle meditation. Instead, select a candle made up of a non-toxic or natural substance, like beeswax or soy wax.
- Choose a white, blue, or purple candle for spirituality. While meditating, you’ll be watching and that specialize in the candle. Some people believe that certain colors can have symbolic meaning and may enhance your meditation experience. If you would like to meditate for cover, purification, inner peace, spirituality, or intuition, you ought to use a white blue, or purple candle.
- Use a red or pink candle for love, passion, and power. If you would like to focus your meditation session on love, romance, passion, power, or happiness, you ought to use a red or pink candle.
- Select a green candle for fertility and wealth. Perhaps you would like to use your meditation session to specialize in prosperity and wealth. If this is often the case, then you ought to use a green candle. Green candles also can be used for fertility.
- Determine if you would like a scented candle. Some people find that scents help them reach a deeper level of relaxation. Others; however, could also be allergic or sensitive to certain scents and like to use a non-scented candle. Experiment with both options and choose the one that helps you focus and relax.
- Some scents to think about for meditation include lavender, vanilla, pine, peppermint, cinnamon, or jasmine.
Creating a relaxing Environment
- Choose a quiet room. Meditation may be a relaxing experience, and you would like your location to match your inner state. Find an area where you will not be disturbed for the duration of the session, typically 15 to half-hour. Pick an area that’s freed from household traffic and loud noises.
- Dim the lights. Before you start meditating, dim the lights within the room and pull down the window shades. It’ll be much easier to specialize in the candle during a dimly lit room. If the space is just too bright, you’ll experience eye strain.
- Remove any distractions from the space. Once you meditate, you would like to clear your mind and focus solely on the candle. Close up your phone and/or other technology which will disturb your meditation and relaxation.
- Wear comfortable clothing. You ought to attempt to be completely comfortable while you’re meditating. If you’re wearing uncomfortable clothing, your mind may stray and specialize in your discomfort. Instead, wear flowing clothes that are loose round the waist, chest, and hips.
Positioning the Candle for Meditation
- Place the candle at eye level. When using candles for meditation, you’re alleged to keep your eyes open and appearance at the candle. For max comfort, the candle should be positioned at eye level, or simply below eye level. In this manner, you’ll not need to strain your neck to seem up or down at the candle.
- Situate the candle 20 inches (50 cm) faraway from you. Place the candle approximately 20 inches (50 cm) ahead of where you’ll be sitting. If the candle is closer to you, it’ll appear too bright and should distract you from your meditation.
- Sit down during a comfortable position. It’s important that you simply sit during a comfortable position. You’ll either sit during a chair together with your feet firmly planted on the bottom and your back straight, or cross-legged on the bottom with a straight back. Your hands should be placed during a relaxed position on your lap.
- Place multiple candles throughout the space. Some people enjoy meditating with multiple candles lit. Candles can help to make a soothing environment for all kinds of meditation and prayer. Alongside candle gazing meditation, you’ll light candles while practicing other sorts of meditation, like mindfulness meditation, guided visualization, and transcendental meditation.
Meditating with a Candle
- Check out the flame. Once the candle is lit, looked at the candle and let the flame occupy your mind. Within the beginning, your eyes may water slightly from the candlelight, but this could fade throughout the session.
- Some people find that to specialize in an object while meditating is far easier than that to specialize in a mantra.
- Meditate and clear your mind. Begin your meditation by steadily breathing and watching the flame. Let yourself become absorbed by the sweetness, clarity, and purity of the sunshine. You’ll find that it’s actually quite easy to urge lost within the flame. You’ll also notice that your thoughts will naturally begin to wander. Whenever you catch your mind drifting, bring your thoughts back to the flame.
- This may help improve your focus and relaxation.
- Blow out the candle after the session. Once you’re finished meditating, confirm you blow out the candle and extinguish the flame. Candles are often fire hazards and will not be left unattended. Always confirm you extinguish any candles before leaving the space.
What Are the Benefits of Candle Meditation?
You will gain several useful benefits from this practice.
- This technique will assist you settle down your mind.
- It’s a superb exercise for training the mind to focus and consider one single object or thought in accordance together with your will. Improved concentration can assist you in every area of your life.
- Another benefit is physical and mental relaxation.
- You’ll experience inner peace, and sometimes, even some kind of altered consciousness.
Everyone can enjoy this technique, not just people that meditate. Students, business people, athletes, workers in every area, and other people of all ages will find it beneficial.
- Don’t fall so deep into your meditative trance that you simply wouldn’t notice the house burning down. If you think that you are going to be in an unresponsive state while meditating, have a lover or relative come check on you.