On this page information about How to Use Mulethi. Mulethi, more commonly referred to as licorice, is both a popular herbal supplement wont to treat a spread of medical conditions, and an ingredient long popular in Asian and Middle Eastern cooking.
Whether taken orally or used topically it’s a spread of health benefits, a number of which are traditional and a few clinically proven, goodbye because it is taken in small doses for brief periods of your time. As an ingredient, it adds an herby anise and fennel flavor that employment well in drinks, sweets, and savories alike.
Combats bad breath
The antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of mulethi powder make it a superb ingredient to scale back the expansion of bacteria within the mouth that results in bad breath and odour. Brushing teeth with mulethi powder prevents cavities and plaque, thereby keeping your gums and teeth healthy.
The anti-microbial properties of mulethi powder boost immunity and protect the body from several infections. those that experience weakness and fatigue can increase their stamina and energy levels by consuming this natural ingredient. That’s not all, it also ensures smooth functioning of the liver, kidney and adrenal glands.
Since mulethi powder has positive effects on the adrenal glands, it’s extremely beneficial in regulating hormones and easing problems related to hormonal fluctuations like hot flushes, mood swings, menstrual cramps and more. it’s also recommended to new moms to extend the assembly of breast milk.
Aids in weight loss
Mulethi powder is rich in flavonoids, which helps in managing excessive weight . Consuming this Ayurvedic ingredient satiates hunger and causes you to feel fuller for a extended time due to the presence of fibre in it. This powder also prevents the buildup of LDL or bad cholesterol, which improves metabolism and maintains a healthy weight.
How To Use Mulethi For Sore Throat and Cough?
Home Remedies Of Mulethi
- Just in case of respiratory troubles, prepare a mulethi decoction or kadha by boiling a couple of mulethi sticks in water. Take this ayurvedic kadha several times each day to cure cough and cold.
- Just in case of pharyngitis , chew on the mulethi root, so on allow the juice from the roots reach the throat and hence get relief from irritating throat and hoarse voice.
- For treating cough and cold in kids, mix a spoon of mulethi powder and a spoonful of honey during a glass of lukewarm water and make your kids take this sweet tincture twice each day for getting relief.
- For nasal and chest congestion, make an ayurvedic decoction by boiling a couple of pieces of mulethi root, tulsi leaves, pudina leaves in water. Strain the mixture and drink the aqueous decoction by infusing it with a spoon of honey to open a blocked nose and reduce inflammation due to chest congestion.
Benefits of mulethi powder for the skin
Prevents sun damage
Regular exposure to the sun can cause dark spots and age spots making you look older than your age. Applying licorice topically fades sun spots and results in an even-looking skin tone. Licorice powder also contains UV blocking enzymes that protect skin and stop sun damage.
Hyperpigmentation may be a common problem faced by many ladies, while there are many products within the market that claim to supply relief from it, a natural alternative is usually better. Topical application of licorice powder to the affected area naturally treats hyperpigmentation, giving your skin a smooth and brighter look.
Scars caused by acne or injuries can take an extended time to heal. Mulethi powder helps speed up the method by evening out skin tone and minimising the looks of scars. Topical application of mulethi powder is suggested to those with scars.
Environmental aggressors and stress cause premature skin ageing. Even women in their early 20s have started noticing signs of ageing lately . The antioxidants in licorice powder block free radicals from harming the skin, thus protecting it from premature ageing. The UV-blocking enzymes keep off sun damage and protect the skin from the harmful effects of the sun.
- Licorice interacts with many medications. Always consult your doctor before taking mulethi for medicinal purposes.
- don’t take mulethi for quite four weeks unless instructed otherwise by your doctor. Consuming 100mg or more for prolonged periods can drastically increase blood pressure and lower potassium levels in otherwise healthy people. If you suffer from heart condition , renal disorder , or high blood pressure, even small amounts can cause complications.
- don’t take mulethi during pregnancy. High consumption can cause miscarriage or early delivery. Little is understood about the consequences of mulethi during nursing, so it’s recommended that you simply avoid it during this stage, as well.
- Stop taking mulethi a minimum of fortnight before a scheduled surgery since it can affect your body’s blood pressure control.